Hydraulic Running Tool
The hydraulic tool is used to carry in and set the Ranger / Scout Liner Hanger System. It is designed for high-torque applications including drill-in and reaming operations. The tool can also rotate the liner while cementing.
Ideal For Extended Reach Wells
Hydraulically released, the tool is ideal for deep, deviated or extended reach wells. After the collet is hydraulically unlocked, simple compression at the tool releases it from the liner. The collet is not “pumped” out of the running tool, but rather unlocked. An integral secondary left-hand mechanical release feature allows the tool to be released with left-hand torque and compression.
Hydraulic Running Tool Specs
- Unique torque connection provides for highest torsion capability without potential damage to tool joint
- Rated to 23,000 ft-lbs of torque at the running tool
- Rated to 400,000 lbs tensile
- Rugged, simple design for reliability and high performance
- Appropriate for drill-in and reaming operations
- Allows for rotating the liner while cementing
- Integral left hand mechanical secondary release